The Reward for Surviving Rough Seas

The Reward for Surviving Rough Seas
We are all like sea shells tossed about in rough waters and being re-shaped in wondrous ways. But have you ever contemplated the notion that sea shells have to complete their journey through the rough waters before they get to rest on the shore? Yeah, we are ALL like sea shells and Heaven is The Great Shore.

Monday, December 19, 2011

The Thrift Store, The Oatmeal and The Prune Juice

Greetings Everybody,


OK...tonight I get to rave one more time about how smart it feels to shop at a thrift store.  My grandson is going to be sporting some of the cutest clothes EVER...and I spent next to nothing on them


Got the cutest tiny pair of Old Navy Overalls (they look like brand new for 99 cents).


All in all I got 14 pairs of little boy pants...ranging in sizes from 6 months to 1 year.
Most of the pants were just 99 cents, some were $1.98.


1 pair was actually $2.98, but they were so cute that I went ahead and got them anyway.


Now 14 pairs of pants may sound excessive I guess, but they are not all the same size.
I got just a few at his current size and then kinda went all the way up to the 12 months size. The price was right, the selection was right, and it seemed prudent to go ahead and do it.


Yeah a new shipment had just come in, I was literally standing at the rack looking through them when the saleslady put about 3 feet of new merchandise right in front of me.


Thank You God! (lol...that was pretty cool)


Looks like I pretty much have the kid "covered" for the next 6 months of his life lol
Plus I picked up a great little selection of little boy shirts too...all of which look like brand new.


Also, this time I dropped a whopping $3.98 on a large baby quilt (suitable for Tummy Time on the Floor) and it was in impeccable shape 


It even had the official tag on it..."Illegal to remove except by consumer"...stating that it had been sanitized on December 13, 2011.  


OK...this  is December 19th, so I took a risk and bought the thing.


Then I took off that metal ring with the official tag on it, and tossed it in my washer, on the 2 hour and 35 minute BULKY BEDDING STEAM SANITIZE setting.


Yeah I think the thing will be clean enough for my grandson when I am done with it!


We are going to keep him for a few hours tomorrow afternoon, and I am hoping that he can play on it THEN.Yay for Tummy Time. Can't wait to get on that quilt WITH HIM.


Can I confess right now, that I also went to the dollar store and picked up a few more things for him?


I needed a couple of 2 ounce containers to hold some juice in, cause my grandson has a wee addiction lol
...to Prune Juice and Baby Oatmeal of all things lol


He gets so excited...It's like the kid is a crack-head in need of a fix lol.


He focuses intently on swallowing fast and opening his mouth to get more.
And his little body has tiny tremors as he makes cute "Nummy Nummy Noises".
I think he would follow that spoonful of prune juice laced oatmeal to the ends of the earth lol


It's Pretty Hysterical to Watch! 

Funny...his mommy (my daughter) was the very same way about Apple Juice mixed with Rice Cereal.


Cutest thing EVER!


In Him,
Grace


No comments: