The Reward for Surviving Rough Seas

The Reward for Surviving Rough Seas
We are all like sea shells tossed about in rough waters and being re-shaped in wondrous ways. But have you ever contemplated the notion that sea shells have to complete their journey through the rough waters before they get to rest on the shore? Yeah, we are ALL like sea shells and Heaven is The Great Shore.

Monday, December 5, 2011

OK, Here's What I DIDN'T Tell You...

Greetings,
I am sitting here sipping coffee and am grateful to feel well enough to go back to work today.
There was a bit of a scare last week, but I am OK Now.

Last week was a really difficult week for me physically.
There were some pretty severe asthma complications and I ended up in the Emergency Room for a while last Thursday around lunch time.

My poor students (high school) watched the onslaught of the asthma troubles rather disintegrate me right in the middle of my classroom.

At the start of every semester, I issue a handout that explains my asthma complications to every student I teach and their parents.

Everyone at my campus is quite cogent of the fact that I have a significant medical condition.

I prepare my kids ahead of time with information about what procedures will be followed if I have a severe attack...but this was beyond anything I had every encountered.

It was quite disturbing for us all.

I began to encounter some stroke-like symptoms ( from what we now know was a combination of severe oxygen debt and my entire arsenal of asthma medications....which is substantial).

It started out with my face tingling and advanced to full out muscle spasm all over my body...I called my doctors office and was told to get to the closest hospital emergency room immediately.

My principal drove me (using MY car) to the hospital where my husband, who ALSO had to be called to leave HIS class at a another campus, was waiting for me.

He actually BEAT us to the hospital...which was extremely impressive.

Anyway...God got me through last week.

I did NOT end up having a stroke...though my face (and whole body for that matter) had twitching muscle spasms for about 12 hours.

It was a very strange thing to go through, and I am blessed to be able to return to work today actually feeling better.

I can breathe today.

I can walk and talk and chew bubble gum at the same time today.

I can mentally process clearly.

I did NOT have a stroke.

And I am convinced that it was the Hand of God Almighty that guided me through that scary adventure and brought me out safely on the other side.

Just wanted to share that with everybody!

In Him,
Grace

2 comments:

Betsy Brock said...

Oh my goodness! Yes, it's wonderful that you did not have a stroke! Those are some scary symptoms, too! Glad you're still taking it easy, though.

It's 10:15PM and I've finally sat down for a few minutes with some hot chocolate! ;)

Grace said...

Awww... Glad you finally got to the hot chocolate. It's good for the soul :)

And yes those symptoms WERE pretty scary.
Am not out of "The ASTHMA-COMPLICATIONS Woods" yet, but am far better than I was.

Worked a full day today.
Am tired, but got through it.
There wasn't much zest to my lessons but the kids and I got through it all without further asthma troubles on my part, and THATS a Huge Blessing.

All in all, I guess not being up to my usual zip and sizzle in the classroom is OK all things considered lol.

Also,the kids were really good today, which helped a ton.

Just got in from work, sitting here waiting for hubby to get home too. He doesn't know it yet, but I THINK we are going out for Chinese Food tonight. I always like Chinese food when it gets cold and damp and dreary outside lol.

Go Figure!

In Him,
Grace