The Reward for Surviving Rough Seas

The Reward for Surviving Rough Seas
We are all like sea shells tossed about in rough waters and being re-shaped in wondrous ways. But have you ever contemplated the notion that sea shells have to complete their journey through the rough waters before they get to rest on the shore? Yeah, we are ALL like sea shells and Heaven is The Great Shore.

Saturday, December 24, 2011

And So It's Christmas Eve...

Greetings Everybody.
And So It's Christmas Eve...


lol...well its the MORNING of Christmas Eve anyway lol


And here I sit typing by soft lamplight, coffee in hand, with a slice of Vanilla Pudding Cake, and the Christmas Tree Twinkling...and my grandson sleeping in the Pack & Play right next to me.


He spent the night with us again last night.


Its been a very long time since there was an infant in our home at Christmas Time.
And this has been a particularly delicious time.


He is wearing Red Christmas Footie Pajama's...and sleeps with total abandon.


His very presence tugs my thoughts to spontaneous joy.


Last night before his mommy left our house, we bathed him.
And I watched her lovingly dress and cuddle him
And then I observed something so holy...
---she said prayers with him.


My Child Is Teaching THIS Child to Pray.


OH HOW MY HEART WAS FILLED WITH LOVE!
And Oh How Proud I Am Of His Mommy.


She is not just a good mommy, she is an exceptional mommy.


And I am submerged in memories of holding HER in my arms as a newborn with Christmas in the Air.


And the yearning in my arms for a little head to rest itself in slumber is suddenly quenched beyond all measure...by the promise of holding him in a few minutes.


Today I am thankful for the roads that lead us to where we are today.
They were often dark roads, and often perilous, but it was that JOURNEY that prepared us for the love I feel TODAY.


And So, It's Christmas Eve..


May HIS Grace Peace Mercy and Love Encompass You ALL!


In Him,
Grace


2 comments:

Harriet said...

God knows what he is doing.

Grace said...

Yes Ma'am HE certainly does!