The Reward for Surviving Rough Seas

The Reward for Surviving Rough Seas
We are all like sea shells tossed about in rough waters and being re-shaped in wondrous ways. But have you ever contemplated the notion that sea shells have to complete their journey through the rough waters before they get to rest on the shore? Yeah, we are ALL like sea shells and Heaven is The Great Shore.

Wednesday, December 21, 2011

The Surgery Date Got Moved to Today

Greetings Everybody,
Today has the mark hardship and looming crisis all over it.  
My Sister-In-Laws surgery date was moved to today...2 days earlier than planned.

And the day will undoubtedly be filled with stress.


I claim Philippians 4:7 " And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."


In about an hour we will be all packed up to spend a very long day at the hospital...for a potential 12-14 hour long surgery. 
And MY hospital travel bag will be at my side.


My bag will contain all of the essentials:
-The phone charger
-My Kindle and its Charger
-A small blanket
-Some fruit (yes the banana's & Clementines will travel nicely)
-Some peanut butter and bread and a plastic knife or two
-Some napkins and small plates.
-A few bottled waters
-Some Hot Tea Bags & Sugar & a couple of plastic spoons
-A deck of cards
-My Laptop & the cords for it
-A few DVD's


Been down this road many times.
Know to come prepared to stay for a very long time.


Meanwhile, there is the matter of my husband not feeling well either.
Pretty Substantial Chest Cold going on, and I am unable to persuade him to stay home today.


(Understandable since he wants to be with his family during this time, but he feels awful and I am protective of him & really really wish he would just stay home today.)


But he wants to be there to support his Brother in Law and his own Elderly parents as they all wait through this long "surgical waiting room" day.


We are blessed to have alot of family to support each other.
My daughter is going and is taking the baby...since the little guy won't be exposed to  germs in the Emergency Room, she figures it will be OK.


I pray that she is correct.


(Yes I am protective of that baby too...it's not my decision about whether or not to take him, its HERS, but, in all honestly I am not particularly comfortable with the thought of him being in the hospital at all.  But Grandmaw  probably needs to just  shut up about this I suppose.  Sigh...probably true.)


A few days ago I posted something about ENOUGH:)...yeah this is another one of those times. 


So many people, hurting in so many ways.


But today hubby and I have ENOUGH:).


We have enough stamina to go and be FAMILY in that waiting room.
We have enough gas to drive to that hospital.
We have enough money to buy our meals out today.
We have enough love to be supportive.
We have enough time...since school got out yesterday and hubby and I are both on Christmas Break now.


This is NOT how we had planned to spend today.


Today was supposed to be filled with shopping and festivity and fun for us both.


But we are called to Family Duty today, and we will answer that call Faithfully.


God's timing is perfect such things.


Again today...there is ENOUGH:)


In Him,
Grace

No comments: