The Reward for Surviving Rough Seas

The Reward for Surviving Rough Seas
We are all like sea shells tossed about in rough waters and being re-shaped in wondrous ways. But have you ever contemplated the notion that sea shells have to complete their journey through the rough waters before they get to rest on the shore? Yeah, we are ALL like sea shells and Heaven is The Great Shore.

Monday, December 12, 2011

Cinnamon Crumb Cake and Hot Tea

Greetings,
Supper is over & done, the kitchen is cleaned, and the remnant of the day is pretty much mine to do with as I please.


Loosely translated, that means that I am sitting here Happily indulging in a generous slice of cinnamon crumb cake and a delicious cup of hot tea...and am "digesting nicely! thank you very much".


...and I feel myself starting to reflect on the events of the day.



Haaaa...I was such the Domestic Goddess this morning lol. And hubby was no slacker either.
As a matter of fact, I congratulate us both on being really spiffy spouses today!


I made homemade biscuits this morning, and then fried up a pound of bacon, while hubby took a shower.
Then hubby came in and scrambled the eggs, while I did my hair and makeup.
We met back in the kitchen in time for him to warm the honey for the biscuits while I got the butter out of the fridge.
We work well together like that now.


To tell the truth, it's unusual for us to have breakfast at home on workdays.
We generally have a breakfast DATE every morning before work.
Yes, we view it as a date.
We budget for it.
We enjoy it.
It makes life easier on us both.


We decided long ago, that we wanted to date each other for the rest of our lives.
So we almost always have a little date before we go our separate ways to work.


But today we ate at home and had a nice little bit of teamwork going on.


We had to LEARN to do that.


Marriage is hard work.
And it takes ALOT of learning.


We had to Learn HOW to be married.
How to live together...not just exist together...but really LIVE together.
There is an art to it.
We've been at this for over 3 decades now, and are still in love.
Some days we are better at teamwork than others, but all in all, we have come a long way toward ONENESS!


I loved our date this morning.
I also had a good day at work
No crisis management.
No emotional miasma to sort out.
No impossible deadlines today.
Just me, with my students, as we get ready to try to close down this semester next week.


It was comfortable.
I was in my element.
Actually I was in my element at breakfast, and all through work, and even when I got back home.
And even sitting here typing away in this blog feels like I am in my element too..


Perhaps it's the season...perhaps it's that we are coming to the end of the first semester of school...perhaps it's the impact of being a new grandmother...I have no idea...but I seem to have made peace with not trying to be Superwoman any more.


And I am better for having come to that realization.


Keeping all the balls in the air is exhausting.


I let some of them drop and guess what...nothing untoward happened.


Hmmmm.


Go Figure.


Looks like THEY were wrong (whoever THEY are lol).

Busy Does NOT Equal Happy.


And between Busy and Happy....I Choose Happy!


So here I sit HAPPILY eating my cinnamon crumb cake and sipping my hot tea and "digesting nicely thank you very much"


...and fyi, if ever given the chance, I strongly suggest that YOU try Choosing Happy over Busy too!   It Rocks!


In HIM,
Grace

No comments: