The Reward for Surviving Rough Seas

The Reward for Surviving Rough Seas
We are all like sea shells tossed about in rough waters and being re-shaped in wondrous ways. But have you ever contemplated the notion that sea shells have to complete their journey through the rough waters before they get to rest on the shore? Yeah, we are ALL like sea shells and Heaven is The Great Shore.

Thursday, December 22, 2011

Update on Yesterdays Events

Greetings All,
Need to make a correction on something...


Yesterday we were all set to go the hospital for my Sister In Laws surgery.
Had my Big Bag packed with all sorts of things I might need while sitting in the surgical waiting room.


But, as I mentioned in yesterdays post...Hubby was sick.


We left the house, stopped to get breakfast...and he started looking horrible.
Eyes sunken.
Delayed Responses When Spoken To.
We were not sure if this was related to his current cold or to his diabetes...or both.


It was a bit disconcerting.


He told me that he was nauseated and that he felt like everything was moving in slow motion.


And since that particular hospital is located more than an hour away from where we live, he was a concerned about driving on major highways while feeling woozy...and about being that far away from home in case he started feeling even worse. 


(Yes I could have driven instead of him, and I started to offer to do just that, but decided that it was wiser to not push him into doing something that we might end up regretting.)


Bottom Line:  We did not go to the hospital yesterday to be with other family members in that surgery waiting room.


I felt really bad about that too...but at the same time I knew that he was sick and needed to be at home where I could take care of him.


The reason that I am talking about this right now is that I didn't want to leave that post from yesterday just hanging in the air as if we had done something that we did not end up doing.


(Might be silly of me to feel the need to post an update like this, but PERSONAL INTEGRITY and TRUTH are pretty important to me. Indicating that we were about to do something that we did not end up doing, feels wrong to me.  So...I needed to post this update on yesterdays plans)


We were however, able to keep track of my Sister In Laws status by phone with those who were at the hospital.


She got through the surgery, but there was infection in the surgery site...and she is not out of the woods yet.


Depending on how hubby is feeling today we may or may not be driving to go see her today.  
If he is still sick, the last thing she needs is to be exposed to someone with "Respiratory Ick".


Time Will Tell.


Ok...thanks for letting me set the record straight about yesterdays events.


In Him,
Grace

No comments: