The Reward for Surviving Rough Seas

The Reward for Surviving Rough Seas
We are all like sea shells tossed about in rough waters and being re-shaped in wondrous ways. But have you ever contemplated the notion that sea shells have to complete their journey through the rough waters before they get to rest on the shore? Yeah, we are ALL like sea shells and Heaven is The Great Shore.

Thursday, December 29, 2011

The Blessings of December 29, 2011

Greetings Everyone,
Woohoo...and I have Happy News.


1. My sister in law has made amazing progress since yesterday.
She is still in the Neurological ICU and still has a feeding tube, and still has an infection, but she is lucid.


She sat in a chair for an hour today.
She turned down pain medication today. 
And she wants the blinds left open so that she can see the sunshine outside.


This is an answer to prayer.


2. My daughters fever has broken and she is feeling better today.  


She said that Little Man still has a cough and a stuffy nose, but that he seems happy.


And so far... my son in law has not caught the cold that his wife and child have.


This is an answer to prayer.


3.  Hubby feels better today.  


The cough is better & the diabetes is in control today.


We had our breakfast date today, ran some errands, and then made the long trip to go see his sister in the hospital (where as I mentioned, we found her tremendously improved).  


Hubby's heart was lighter on the drive back home.


This too is an answer to prayer.


Let's just say we have been rejoicing and that the Ole Family Grapevine has been working overtime today.


Let me also say that OUR Family gives ALL the credit for these blessings to God Almighty. 


We prayed in faith for healings.


He responded with a YES on all counts.


His answer isn't always YES...but today it was!


Sometimes He says NO, and when he does, we have to remember that His Grace Is Sufficient...just like PAUL.


2 Corinthians 12: 17-19 "To keep me from becoming conceited because of these surpassingly great revelations, there was given me a thorn in my flesh, a messenger of Satan, to torment me. Three times I pleaded with the Lord to take it away from me. But he said to me, 'My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.' Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me."



But today, His answer was YES.


Ephesians 3:20-21 " Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen.


We CHOOSE to BELIEVE in HIM.


Joshua 24:15 "But if serving the LORD seems undesirable to you, then choose for yourselves this day whom you will serve, whether the gods your forefathers served beyond the River, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land you are living. But as for me and my household, we will serve the LORD."


But as for me and my household, we will serve the LORD.


It does make me wonder what would happen if America would really claim            2 Chronicles 7:14
" If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."


What would happen IF WE AS A NATION HUMBLED OURSELVES AND PRAYED?
I believe with all my heart that HE WOULD RESPOND WITH A YES!


...just a little something to ponder...


In Him,
Grace

No comments: