The Reward for Surviving Rough Seas

The Reward for Surviving Rough Seas
We are all like sea shells tossed about in rough waters and being re-shaped in wondrous ways. But have you ever contemplated the notion that sea shells have to complete their journey through the rough waters before they get to rest on the shore? Yeah, we are ALL like sea shells and Heaven is The Great Shore.

Saturday, December 17, 2011

The Best Laid Plans of Mice and Men...

Greetings All,
Well so much for the Spa Day At Home... lol
"The Best Laid Plans of Mice and Men Often Go Awry"
(Credit to Steinbeck for the quote as it is above and to it's true father, Burns,  before Steinbeck adopted  it.)


Yes I got to have my Cinnamon Swirl Coffee and Prayer Journal Time.
And Yes I even got to post a little tribute to how much I LOVE MORNINGS this morning.


And then, well, yes, I did get that shower and that shampoo.
And I did trim my nails, but it was only a bare minimum slapdash job.
Didn't get to really work on them
No hot hand wax.
No Pedicure at all.


But I DID get to have a wonderful breakfast with my husband this morning at The Cracker Barrel.
Had the Eggs In a Basket ...love that.

And...THEN WE BEGAN THE SECRET JOURNEY OF THE DAY.
Last night we discovered that my son in law had a flat tire, and that my daughter was going to have to take him back and forth to work.
They were not sure that the tire could be repaired.
Money is in short supply for them.


They did not ask us for help.
My daughter was just sharing her day with us, and told us about several things that had gone wrong.
Yes the pregnancy hormones kicked in while she was talking, but she managed to not cry.


We already knew that basically his tires are just worn out.
They have had them patched and plugged several times.
And though the kids are trying very hard to make it on their own, it was time for us to step in.

So, Hubby and I decided to give them an early Christmas present and put 4 new tires on his truck.
Both sets of OUR OWN Parents certainly helped US out when we were young marrieds and in so doing, they gave us a wonderful example of how Family Takes Care of Family.


By the way, as it turns out, my own Mom & Dad, wanted in on this surprise too. 
Sooo between the 4 of us we basically EACH gave them 1 tire lol.


The Reconnaissance Mission went like this...


Without telling my daughter what our plans were, we drove to their apartment parking lot, located the truck with the flat tire, checked the size, went to a couple of tire places & checked prices...and then called my daughter to spring the surprise on her.


My son in law was at work and she was in the apartment with the baby.


It all worked out just perfectly.


We took our air compressor back to the kids apartment, I went upstairs to visit with our daughter and the baby, hubby aired up the tire and quickly drove the truck to the tire shop.
I offered to take the baby back home with me, and drove back home in the vehicle that we arrived in.
We got 4 new tires purchased and mounted on the truck...filled the truck up with gas...and I took the baby for the afternoon so that my daughter could have some "Off Time" to herself for a little while.
We got all the vehicles back where they were supposed to be...quite a little orchestration to tell the truth.
But it was worth it.


So here I sit with my grandson who is sleeping in the magic swing.


We played and wiggled and chortled and had a bottle and a couple diaper changes...and he is safe and secure at Grandmaws House.
My daughter is due to come pick him up in the next 30 minutes or so...and Lord Willing I will see them again tomorrow around lunchtime:)

Just yesterday I was posted something called "ENOUGH:)".

That was just a wee tad prophetical I guess.
Because, today was that day.


Today, We had ENOUGH to share...Enough of Everything That Was Needed.


And that is not to our credit, but rather it is to GOD's credit.


My At Home Spa Day will wait for another day.


Today has been plenty wonderful, and offered me a totally different kind of self indulgence than I had originally planned on.


God is Good!


In Him
Grace


No comments: