The Reward for Surviving Rough Seas

The Reward for Surviving Rough Seas
We are all like sea shells tossed about in rough waters and being re-shaped in wondrous ways. But have you ever contemplated the notion that sea shells have to complete their journey through the rough waters before they get to rest on the shore? Yeah, we are ALL like sea shells and Heaven is The Great Shore.

Saturday, December 10, 2011

I Woke Up Smiling This Morning

Greetings,
Today has the mark of Wonder upon it, for I woke up SMILING.


At 4:30, my eyes fluttered open and I realized that I was fully rested and WANTING to get up.


No alarm clock.


Isn't that cool.


Don't you just love the mornings when you wake up on your own and you realize that you are just simply DONE with your sleep!


We live in an age of time management.
It seems that our lives are lived out in strictly-managed time-allocated chunks.


But today was a total violation of that norm.


I just simply woke up ready to be UP.


I did not have the desire to just snuggle back down in the covers.
I did not have something I woke up worried about.
I did not have a huge agenda-laden day that I woke up thinking about.



Rather, like a baby who is done with her nap, I simply woke up...smiling.


I LOVE this morning.


This Day Has HOPE and PROMISE and JOY written all over it.


Psalms 118:24 " This is the day the LORD has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it."


Yeah THAT's how I feel about today.


Just finished my prayer journal, emptied my heart out to God...and was, as always filled back up in the process....and now here is sit.


The lights on the Christmas Tree are twinkling behind me, and the house is so still and quiet...and my coffee is so perfect this morning...and I am deeply, honestly, simply content.


This Peace is of God!


Philippians 4:7 "And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."


It is deep and it is precious and it is wonderful.


Regardless of what this day may bring, I want to cling to this sense of well-being. 
My Heavenly Father has wrapped me in his warm embrace and is holding me safe and secure this morning.


I Am Thankful For This Peace.


In Him,
Grace

No comments: