The Reward for Surviving Rough Seas

The Reward for Surviving Rough Seas
We are all like sea shells tossed about in rough waters and being re-shaped in wondrous ways. But have you ever contemplated the notion that sea shells have to complete their journey through the rough waters before they get to rest on the shore? Yeah, we are ALL like sea shells and Heaven is The Great Shore.

Thursday, December 15, 2011

Come On Christmas Break!

Greetings All,
Do you remember being a school kid who could hardly wait for Christmas Break?
                             I do!

My husband and I are like that EVERY year...right along WITH our students.

WE are just as ready as THEY are.

As a matter of fact, I think that TEACHERS are even MORE ready for school to be out than the KIDS are. Kids only do "public school" for their allotted K-12 years, but I did  "public school" for all the years when I WAS a kid, PLUS well over 20 years sitting on the other side of the desks. That's alot of Christmas Breaks to wait for.


I've been a Kid and I've been a Grown-up. 
I can speak from both perspectives.

And I can testify that my Grown-Up Self generally wants Christmas Break WAAAAY more than my Child Self ever did.



"Just a handful of days to go."
"Just a handful of days to go."


We teachers chant this to ourselves as we drive to work.
We teachers chant this to our colleagues between classes.
We teachers chant this to ourselves as we drive home from work.
We basically mutter this mantra till folks think we've "gone round the bend!" 
But somehow it seems to help lol.


This Christmas I have a list of things I want, but there's not much on my list that you can actually buy

Things I want during Christmas Break:

         -to wake up and realize that I don't HAVE to go anywhere at all
         -to wake up smelling cinnamon buns and coffee
         -to wear flannel pj's all day long while sitting on the sofa covered in a quilt
         -to read for several hours and not feel guilty
         -to have a good fire going in the fireplace every day
         -to have enough food & supplies in the house to keep us satisfied & safe
         -enough extra to share with those in need
         -health & safety for my family and my friends
         -a sense of peace and serenity
         -to be still for a couple of weeks

There will be other Christmas's when I pour on the High Energy...but I hope that this year is a soft and gentle one...my soul needs it


"Just a handful of days to go."


In Him,
Grace




No comments: