The Reward for Surviving Rough Seas

The Reward for Surviving Rough Seas
We are all like sea shells tossed about in rough waters and being re-shaped in wondrous ways. But have you ever contemplated the notion that sea shells have to complete their journey through the rough waters before they get to rest on the shore? Yeah, we are ALL like sea shells and Heaven is The Great Shore.

Friday, December 30, 2011

Confessions of a Coffee Loyalist

Greetings Everybody,
Sitting here sipping my 1st morning cup of coffee and feeling the need to confess.


Until yesterday, I have always considered myself to be a Coffee Loyalist.  
(Furthermore...I like Fru-Fru Coffee...you know...the flavored stuff lol.


Yeah I know, to alot of people that makes me a Coffee Wimp too...but I digress.)


Today however...before I make my full confession...I feel the need to tell my sad but true little story:


I tend to find one brand, and one flavor made by that brand, and I stick with it.


Thus the term "Coffee Loyalist".


I like having MY BRAND  and MY SPECIFIC FLAVOR of that BRAND.


It's comforting.


(lol...and yes...it is a type of Identity) 


Consequently I have been emotionally challenged several times when My Brand was suddenly discontinued....and thus have had to find NEW Brands quite a few times.


One day, a good while back, I came across Folgers flavored coffees at the grocery store...and my Eagle Eye landed on Cinnamon Swirl.


I quickly calculated the chances of Folgers being discontinued and deduced that Folgers was indeed a Safe Coffee Brand Bet.


Let's face it, Folgers has been around forever and it's not likely to discontinued by ANY of the major grocery stores around here.


So I purchased my first can of Folgers Cinnamon Swirl and "Viola"...I had found MY COFFEE!


Cinnamon Swirl became my morning Happy Thought.


I have been a Folgers Cinnamon Swirl junkie for quite a while now.


But yesterday...well ...yesterday I cheated lol


I purchased 4 containers of Cinnamon Swirl yesterday...but somehow a container of Folgers Chocolate Silk plopped itself into my shopping basket.


I confess.


It was premeditated.


Just like when David saw Bathsheba taking a bath...I found myself longing after a nice Chocolate flavored coffee.


OK>>>>HAVE YOU GUYS TRIED THAT STUFF YET??????


OH MY GOODNESS...it's just AMAZING!!!


So OK... I guess I can no longer say that I am a Coffee Loyalist...


But now I don't know what TO call myself...surely this doesn't make me a Coffee Bigamist does it??? lolol


(Funny...I never had this much trouble with my conscience over sipping all sorts of hot teas. In fact, I have a really big collection of various hot teas, and I sample all of them frequently.  Hmmmm....what is it about Coffee that makes me want to Settle Down?  Not sure).


BUT THIS MUCH I DO KNOW:


-I will continue to buy Folgers Regular Coffee for my Parents, my Daughter and my Son in Law to enjoy.


-I will continue to buy Folgers Cinnamon Swirl for Me to enjoy.


-And from now on, I will add Folgers Chocolate Silk to the Barista's Repertoire here at Chez Gracie's.


HEY...it's still all Folgers Coffee...maybe I AM STILL A Coffee Loyalist Afterall?


My New Motto:  Take Life One Cup At A Time :)


In Him,
Grace





2 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh my gosh you make my day, thankyou so much for visiting me too!
I pray that you and your family have a happy healthy New Year,

Grace said...

Awww Thanks Laurie,
We will be seeing my daughter, her husband, and my grandson in a few hours. Going out to dinner with them.

And THEN we are keeping the baby overnight again tonight. He's a good little fella.

Blessings to you and your family for a happy healthy New Year too :)

In Him,
Grace