The Reward for Surviving Rough Seas

The Reward for Surviving Rough Seas
We are all like sea shells tossed about in rough waters and being re-shaped in wondrous ways. But have you ever contemplated the notion that sea shells have to complete their journey through the rough waters before they get to rest on the shore? Yeah, we are ALL like sea shells and Heaven is The Great Shore.

Friday, January 13, 2012

I Serve a "Right On Time" God

Greetings Everyone,


Today I want to share the fullness that is in my heart with you.
Over and over and over I keep seeing that God is providing for me and my family.
I look around and there is not 1 single thing that I really need...that I don't have.


There may be WANTS that I don't have.
But WANTS are different than NEEDS.


I continually see the blessings.


But then again, I continually LOOK for the Blessings.


Yes it does have to do with Perspective...I grant you that.


But over and over I find that there is JUST ENOUGH of whatever I need,
or JUST ENOUGH money to GET what I need.
or JUST EXACTLY WHEN WE NEED IT a blessing appears.


-I look in my pantry and there are canned goods.
-I look in my freezer and there is meat.
-I look in my house and there is electricity to run the appliances (and all of them are working right now)...and fresh water...and all the things we tend to take for granted. 


I do not look at my house and see extravagance...and I am glad of that.


-We do not live in a mansion.
-We do not have servants.
-We do not have unlimited cash.
-We are not debt free.


But we have what we need.


-Today I ran out of ink for my printer...but the replacement cartridge was waiting.
-There is gas in both of our vehicles.
-I have all of my asthma medicines.
-We have good doctors.
-We have coats to help us through the winter chill and blankets to cuddle on the sofa 
 with.


I serve a "Right On Time" God.


Right On Time...my blessings are provided.


-The things we really need always arrive Right On Time.
-Not so soon that we never need to exercise our faith, yet not so late that we lose 
 faith either.
-Just when we wonder if things will happen work out exactly as they need to...they 
 do.


And I am so deeply aware that I am blessed.


-Blessed beyond measure...and not by the fact that I have food or wealth or 
 possessions...but rather I feel so blessed because of the fact that I GET IT!
-I SEE THAT GOD IS TAKING CARE OF US.
-And the SEEING is the richest blessing of all.


David felt this way in the old testament...


Psalms 8:3 "When I consider your heavens, the work of your fingers, the moon and the stars, which you have set in place, what is man that you are mindful of him, the son of man that you care for him?"


-The ability to SEE that...to FEEL that...to KNOW that God is mindful of me, of us..is the real blessing.
-I thank God Almighty and His Son Jesus Christ for the Perspective, the Insight, the Discernment, and the Recollection that I did NONE Of THIS on my own.


-HE not Me...
-HE not We...
-HE has provided for ALL of our needs.


I Thank God that we are aware of this.
And once more, I stand amazed in the presence of He Who Created Me
And it brings me to my knees to know that HE loves me and takes such tender care of me and of us.


I assure that my life has not been an easy one in all regards.
I do not speak to you today from the vantage point of one who has never known trials.
I do not speak to you today from the vantage point of one who has been sheltered.


There have been trials.
There have been hardships.
There has been struggle.


-I was NOT sheltered from Adversity.
-But rather, it is BECAUSE of the Adversity that I can now proclaim that God Is In Control.


I am blessed to serve The King.
And I am blessed to KNOW that he will never leave me.


Hebrews 13:5-6 "Keep your lives free from the love of money and be content with what you have, because God has said,
   “Never will I leave you;
   never will I forsake you.”
 6 So we say with confidence,
   “The Lord is my helper; I will not be afraid.
   What can mere mortals do to me?”


I Serve a "Right On Time" God...do YOU?
In HIm,
Grace















No comments: