The Reward for Surviving Rough Seas

The Reward for Surviving Rough Seas
We are all like sea shells tossed about in rough waters and being re-shaped in wondrous ways. But have you ever contemplated the notion that sea shells have to complete their journey through the rough waters before they get to rest on the shore? Yeah, we are ALL like sea shells and Heaven is The Great Shore.

Friday, January 6, 2012

I am so ANGRY about this!

Greetings Everyone,
This is going to be a rather difficult post for me to write because I am angry.
I want to post something about what I consider to be a horrible thing that has happened.
And this is one of those reasons why I am writing anonymously, because what I am about to post, could jeopardize my job.


Ok...where to start?
Ahh.
Back on December 12, 2011, I wrote a post labeled "Family C Needs Help Now"


It told the story of a husband and wife, both teachers, who work at my school.
It told the story of how the husband was in the hospital fighting for his life.


He is alive now.
His is at home now.
He is still very very sick now.


He still needs a liver transplant, and if he doesn't get one within the year, he will be dead.


And He is unemployed now.


Yes thats right. 
He was terminated.


I am angry.
I am so very angry.
He had a long career as a teacher.
He was a loyal employee.
But he was terminated.


Terminated people no longer have work related benefits.


You see where this is going don't you???


And the part that makes the MOST angry is not just that he was terminated.
I can almost understand that the school could not go on just putting substitute teachers in his class to cover for him.
I actually DO understand that the students need someone who is proficient and well trained to be teaching them.


But what I am having a MOST difficult time coping with, is that in my opinion, it appears that he was fired because the district didn't want to have their insurance pay for a Liver Transplant.


In my opinion, it appears that he was terminated because he wasn't worth (literally...in dollars and cents) the cost of keeping him on as an employee.


This man was terminated and his wife and his kids had to go clean out his classroom.
They didn't tell him he had been fired until after Christmas.


They had to come into that school building and clear out a whole career and whole lifetime of teaching...and determine what was worthy to keep and what needed to be left to the new teacher...without being able to consult him on any of it.


WHY all the Secrecy?


BECAUSE he was fighting for his life and couldn't cope with ANY more stress than he was already under.


And adding insult to injury...


I am the Trainer for all the new teachers at our campus.
I help them develop their Classroom Management Procedures and Processes.
I coach them on Parent Conferencing and every other area of what they do.


Guess who is having to Train the new Teacher who is taking this mans place.


Thats right ME!


I try to be a moral and ethical person.
I crave God's influence in my life


But I am struggling with this.


I am struggling with this because it causes me to feel unloyal to Family C.
It makes me feel like a traitor.


I owe the new teacher a chance.
The new teacher has done nothing wrong.
It would be wrong of me to withhold support for this new teacher.


But I am angry and I am unhappy about this situation.


I need to remember that God is in control and that the evil one can not thwart the ultimate will of God.


I am tempted to claim  Romans 12:19 "Do not take revenge, my friends, but leave room for God's wrath, for it is written: "It is mine to avenge; I will repay," says the Lord."


BUT....
In reality I need to remember 


Matthew 18:21-22 "Then Peter came to Jesus and asked, "Lord, how many times shall I forgive my brother when he sins against me? Up to seven times? Jesus answered, 'I tell you, not seven times, but seventy-seven times.' "


This is in God's Hands...and HE in control.
And I need to set my anger down...lest it give the evil one an opportunity in my own soul.


In Him,
Grace



No comments: