The Reward for Surviving Rough Seas

The Reward for Surviving Rough Seas
We are all like sea shells tossed about in rough waters and being re-shaped in wondrous ways. But have you ever contemplated the notion that sea shells have to complete their journey through the rough waters before they get to rest on the shore? Yeah, we are ALL like sea shells and Heaven is The Great Shore.

Sunday, January 22, 2012

Handing It Over To Jesus_part 1

Greetings, (fyi...This post was actually written and held in draft form for several days. After I go ahead and post this one, I'll be sending out the update to this situation.)

Have you ever gotten upset over something and had that "upset-ness" try to take over your every thought?


Something like that happened to me this afternoon.

A young man said some extremely foul words, I wrote a referral, and when the parent was contacted by the assistant principal, the mom told the administrator that she wanted to talk to me.

The Administrator called me and asked me to call the mom.

I called her immediately.

The mom asked me to tell her what happened and exactly what I heard her son say.

I cautioned her that in order to do what she was requesting I would be saying vulgar words.

I asked her if she was sure that she wanted me to repeat what her son said.

She told me to do so.

I told her what I had seen and what I had heard.


And then...

She told me that her son did not talk like that. 

She told me that she had looked into his eyes, and she knew he was telling the truth.

She also told me that she wanted a meeting to get to the bottom of this. 

She basically called me liar, though she did not actually use that word.

(Just in case you are wondering...yeah the F-Bomb was one of the words the young man said.)

(And Just in case you are wondering that wasn't the only vulgarity uttered.)

I started replaying that conversation over and over in my head and was insulted and really upset by the whole situation.  It was poisoning my afternoon.  I was dwelling. And I was getting angry.

And then it hit me that Satan was being very present in this situation and that he was using the kid, the mom and my own mind against me.

Every morning I pray for Discernment. 
I ask God to be let me realize when The Evil One is working against me.
And I am so glad that I realized what was happening.

It took all of the pressure off the situation.
It took all the anger away.
It took away my anxiety about how Administration is going to handle this situation.

As I was driving home from school, I actually said out loud "Jesus please take this from me."

And He did.

My God is in control....not the evil one.

And I am HIS Child!

When ya stack that very angry momma up against God Almighty...she doesn't seem quite so menacing anymore.

My God is in control.

And I am HIS Child!

The rest of the day is going to be just fine now.
And so is tomorrow and the day after that.
God is in Control and NOTHING can change this truth.


Meanwhile I am claiming the following scriptures for Peace and Protection: 

Romans 8:38 "For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord."


John 16:33  "These things have I spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation; but be of good chear, for I have overcome the world." 


John 14:27 "Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid."


2 Timothy 1:7 "For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind." 


Hebrews 13:6  "So that we may boldly say, The Lord is my helper, and I will not fear what man shall do unto me."


1 Peter 3:12-14 "For the eyes of the Lord are over the righteous, and his ears are open unto their prayers: but the face of the Lord is against them that do evil. And who is he that will harm you, if ye be followers of that which is good? But and if ye suffer for righteousness' sake, happy are ye: and be not afraid of their terror, neither be troubled." 

In Him,
Grace





No comments: