The Reward for Surviving Rough Seas

The Reward for Surviving Rough Seas
We are all like sea shells tossed about in rough waters and being re-shaped in wondrous ways. But have you ever contemplated the notion that sea shells have to complete their journey through the rough waters before they get to rest on the shore? Yeah, we are ALL like sea shells and Heaven is The Great Shore.

Sunday, April 29, 2012

The Secret Adventure Getaway and The Final Product

Greetings Everybody,
First of all, I just want to say that my husband outdid himself this weekend.  


He planned a Secret Adventure Getaway for me that included an historic hotel, antiques & thrift stores, an art festival, good food, and even had nap-time built in.


In case there are gentleman readers out there, this is how it's done fella's:
Planning and executing The Secret Adventure Getaway for your wife will get you "major" cool points.
     -But you have to know her likes and interests.
     -And you have to be attentive to personal details...will 
      she need a jacket? Dress up clothing? Meds?
     -If you are truly gifted in this area, you can secretly   
      pack for her yourself, but you better be REALLY good at 
      this or it spells trouble.
     -Packing for road trips is way different than packing for
      air travel. Road trips are easier & less restrictive.
     -And fella's...you have to be willing to put your wife 
      FIRST during the whole trip. And that means that she is
      above Baseball, Football, Golf, Your Momma, Your Kids, 
      and YOURSELF. 
      -She needs to know that she is more important to you 
      than anyone or anything else except God Almighty.


If you can't do all of the above, 
then do not even attempt
The Secret Adventure Getaway.


Ok, now that I have all the fella's on board with the basics...let's get back to the story.


My husband gave me just enough information so that I knew what to pack...but he did NOT tell me where we were going. 


And I never asked him where we were headed.  
If I ask him, he will tell me.  
But I don't ask, because I LIKE his surprises. 


This is different than a planned vacation.  I am only talking about a weekend getaway here...not 4 weeks in Tahiti. lol


Anyway, we took a wee Road Trip...and I was as content as could be letting him wisp me away for the weekend.


He was charming.
He was gracious.
He was just wonderful.


Now, let me just go ahead right now and mention that I am a very verbal, and very strong willed woman.
I do not keep a spotless house.
I do not define myself by whether my laundry has the whitest whites in the neighborhood.
Nor do I vacuum while wearing pearls.


I am sharing this with you because I just want you folks to know that the concept of Prince Charming rescuing me and sweeping me away to his castle...is SOOO not my daily life.


But my Prince Charming DID sweep me away this weekend.


Rather than riding a mighty steed though...his "horses" were under the hood of bright and shiny 4-door Ford F-150.


He packed the truck.
He opened my door.
I got in.
And we drove off into The Sunset.


I'll show you guys a few photo's of our adventure later...


But for now, I want to end this by telling you all something that my first Mother In Law said to me a long time ago, before she passed away. 


She said...


"I raised that boy and I know what is inside of him. 
And I know that things are hard right now,
 and that you two are having trouble.  
But don't give up on him,
 cause he is still growing up.
And you are too.
I promise you 
that you will be pleased
 with The Final Product."

And I am.


This August will bring our 32nd year of Marriage.
And I am VERY pleased with
"The Final Product".

In Him
Grace

4 comments:

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

What a precious story to share with us. I am married to my Prince charming so I can appreciate what you've written. What a blessing to be married to a good man! Enjoy your week!

Grace said...

Thank you Thank you Thank you.

I posted it last night and showed it to him at breakfast this morning:)

He blushed a little and got real quiet and kinda stared at his breakfast with a smile hidden in his eyes.

Hope YOU and YOUR Prince Charming have a wonderful week too!

In Him,
Grace

Anonymous said...

well I love that man! wow, thats a wonderful man!
Your motherin laws words made me cry, happy tears,

Grace said...

Laurie...HI!
awww, Glad they were happy tears.

Guess What???I got another little news flash for ya...we are headed to the lakehouse this weekend:)

TWO weekend getaways in a row.
WOOHOO.

I will have my camera with me cause there are always deer and all sorts of critters. I can hardly wait.

Come on WEEKEND!

In Him,
Grace