The Reward for Surviving Rough Seas

The Reward for Surviving Rough Seas
We are all like sea shells tossed about in rough waters and being re-shaped in wondrous ways. But have you ever contemplated the notion that sea shells have to complete their journey through the rough waters before they get to rest on the shore? Yeah, we are ALL like sea shells and Heaven is The Great Shore.

Wednesday, April 11, 2012

It Has Been In God's Hands...All Along

Greetings Everybody,
Got a photo for you to take a look at.
I took this picture a few years ago on the Island of Molokai.


The Mountains in the background are covered in rainclouds.
And the rainclouds were rolling in to where we were.


This is such a soft and lovely landscape and it is one of my favorites photo's.


Everything is muted.
Everything is peaceful.
Tranquility!


The day I took this shot, it didn't take long for the rain to catch up with us.
In fact, right afterwards I had to put my camera away so it wouldn't get wet.


I can close my eyes and see the scene just as it was that day.
But before I lose all track of time in a Hawaiian Daydream, let me bring you to the reason I showed you the picture.


Now if you recall, I mentioned at the start of this entry that the photo was taken on Molokai, which is one of the Hawaiian Islands.


And if you recall, those islands were born of volcanic activity under the sea.  
They literally rose up out of the Pacific Ocean
...courtesy of a significant geographical bit of underwater power called The Ring of Fire.


Before those islands were what we see today, we would NOT have wanted to be in that area. 


It would have been a place of Turbulence with a capital T.
Lots of pressure and clash and instability...not to mention the red hot molten lava.


Still...when all that molten lava cooled...and enough time passed...the scene above appeared. It just took us a while to find it lol.


Time has a way of changing everything.


And I suspect that somewhere in this post is the kernel of a great message for us all that goes like this:


Even during the times of my life when there is  
Turbulence with a capital T.
Times with lots of pressure and clash and instability...or when tempers flow like red hot molten lava...


We need to remember that each situation is in God's Hands.
And it has BEEN in God's Hands...All Along.


He makes all things beautiful in HIS time.
All we have to do is wait and watch.
Scripture tells us that if we seek, we will find.


"Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find;

knock and the door will be opened to you."
Matthew 7:7


I believe that if we intently seek His Peace and Tranquility we will find it...even in the midst of our own Turbulence.


In Him,
Grace




No comments: