The Reward for Surviving Rough Seas

The Reward for Surviving Rough Seas
We are all like sea shells tossed about in rough waters and being re-shaped in wondrous ways. But have you ever contemplated the notion that sea shells have to complete their journey through the rough waters before they get to rest on the shore? Yeah, we are ALL like sea shells and Heaven is The Great Shore.

Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Cloud Watching: The Anti-Venom for Busy-Ness

Greetings Everybody, 
We have all looked up at the sky and seen clouds. 


Do you remember Elementary School and learning the types of clouds?


I Do: Stratus, Cumulus, Cirrus & Nimbus


And most us have at one time or another passed a pleasant bit of time watching those clouds.   


Please tell me that you have watched clouds before???  If you haven't, you might want to try it sometime.  It's very relaxing.


Most folks I know deal with stress , but lots of those same people refuse to take time to just be still and breathe.


Meditation is Good For The Body and The Soul


God even tells us to be still and contemplative.


"Be still, and know that I am God: I will be exalted among the heathen, I will be exalted in the earth." Psalms 46:10


But alas, we resist.


These days it seems it's all about being busy.
As if being busy equals being successful.


But it doesn't.


Being busy sometimes causes us to lose touch with what is most important to us: Faith, Family and Friends.


I know a whole lot of people who would be a whole lot happier if they would just slow down and spend a little time being spiritually contemplative


 ...and then maybe look up and watch clouds.


A good dose of Cloud Watching might serve as a pretty good anti-venom for all that "Busy-Ness" that is poisoning our society.


Yeah clouds have fascinated me since I was a kid. 


Was it just ME...or did anybody else ever think that clouds were giant cotton balls in the sky?


Did Thunder also fascinate you guys?


As a little girl, I used to think that thunder was caused when one dark & angry cloud bumped into another dark & angry cloud.  


Not sure if somebody told me that, or I just "figured it out for myself".


Such is childhood...


Anyway, although I'm a grandmother now, clouds are still compelling to me. I can totally lose track of time while watching them.


This morning for example... I watched a particularly dark cloud display a sudden brilliance at the highest peak of its formation. 


It was almost as if Gods' Glory was shining through the top of the cloud...even in the midst of its' "blustering anger". 



And of course...the life lesson revealed itself to me: 
In the midst of our darkness, 
God is still there. 


His Glory is ALWAYS there and is ALWAYS shining.


If we want to see that glory though, it's important that we seek it by looking UPWARD rather than INWARD! :)


Perhaps instead of spending our time floating through life like clouds, 
bumping & thundering & "raining",
we should try to reflect some of His Glory for others to see.

God is closer than we think.

In Him,
Grace

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

good advice.
nice pic.
i like your blog

A Visitor

Grace said...

Dear "A Visitor"
Thanks for reading my blog.
I appreciate your comment about the advice and the pic.

In Him,
Grace