The Reward for Surviving Rough Seas

The Reward for Surviving Rough Seas
We are all like sea shells tossed about in rough waters and being re-shaped in wondrous ways. But have you ever contemplated the notion that sea shells have to complete their journey through the rough waters before they get to rest on the shore? Yeah, we are ALL like sea shells and Heaven is The Great Shore.

Tuesday, November 1, 2011

The Strength To Teach



Greetings
Today was one of those days that just didn't stop!
I arrived at school at 6:30 a.m. and left school at 5: 45 p.m. ...worked straight through my lunch...and had no conference period today. 


Yes,this "only get a conference period every other day" concept is the new money saving strategy the financial guru's came up with. But I have a news flash for them.  


This brand of pseudo-slavery is not new.  MORE BRICKS/LESS STRAW has been around since the Pharoahs. 


And btw, didn't those slaves (The Children of Israel) eventually get up and walk right out of Egypt? 

Perhaps the financial guru-types, who are guiding my school district right now, should read a little Biblical history to see what this new practice of theirs could lead to.   


But I digress.


Anyway, on days like today I am now so keenly aware of my age. 
And of my growing fatigue level. 
And of the fact that my own strength faded out hours before I left the building today, but God's strength sustained me and got me through all that had to be done today.


God got me through it.
And I need to count my blessings instead of complaining.  


He has blessed me with good health, good students and supportive parents this year. 
He really really HAS done so very much for me.


And I really don't mean to whine.


Still, I find myself thinking that I do not know how much longer I can sustain this pace: these 12 hour work days are killing me.


I take comfort knowing that He will be my strength when I think I can not go on.


                          The words of  Jesus Loves Me ring true in my ears:

                              "Jesus loves me this I know,
                    For the Bible tells me so
                    Little ones to Him belong
                   They are weak but He is strong".


                            Tonight, I kinda feel like one of those "little ones"

A while back I started asking God to please:
"Protect me, Provide for me, Prepare me, Purpose me and Position me."

I pray this every day.

And I know that if God wants me to keep teaching, He will supply all that I need to be able to do so.

In Him,
Grace

No comments: