The Reward for Surviving Rough Seas

The Reward for Surviving Rough Seas
We are all like sea shells tossed about in rough waters and being re-shaped in wondrous ways. But have you ever contemplated the notion that sea shells have to complete their journey through the rough waters before they get to rest on the shore? Yeah, we are ALL like sea shells and Heaven is The Great Shore.

Saturday, November 26, 2011

The Angels Wept

Greetings,
There is no way for me to talk about the subject I want to discuss without it possibly being misunderstood...but it's a risk that I am willing to take.

Two Disclaimers at the Onset:
1. This is not about "putting on airs"
2. This is about being aesthetically uplifted by sight and sound.

Last night we attended a Holiday Symphony concert and I was moved to tears.

The sounds and the sights of the evening served as a banquet for the senses.
Sometimes Christmas Concerts tend to wax on through an evening,  and often even though the audience is lulled by spiritual and secular favorites, the experience does not touch the soul.

However...last night, I sat there with little tears in my eyes, because I was moved.
There were obviously instruments being played, but there were also vocalists.
Amazing vocalists.
And the combination of the human voices with the instruments reached a new plateau of expression in that concert hall last night.

There was a symphony "performance" in the air, but the there was also a sense of the joy of life and an ease of delivery that I have rarely seen among those musicians. Let's face it...sometimes the Symphony tends to take itself very seriously and come across as stuffy and pretentious.

But last night...there was just music...just expression...it was a sense of sharing...a symbiotic experience between the stage and the audience.  It was like a couple of friends wanted to show me some things they had been practicing and I, in turn, wanted to hear what they had been working on.

There was an unparalleled sense of intimacy in the air that made it seem as if the concert was being conducted just for me...and just for every other single individual in the house.

There were several times during the show that my head rested on my husbands shoulder...I just had to reach out and touch the person closest to me and share the moment with him.

The music was heavenly.

Indeed...I  believe that music is a special gift from the heavenly realm.
And I suspect that last night the angels wept with joy.

Today...as I decorate my home for Christmas...I will play music...and I will sing...and I will Thank God for the ability to make music in my heart & in the air.

...and the angels are invited to my concert.

In Him,
Grace

No comments: