The Reward for Surviving Rough Seas

The Reward for Surviving Rough Seas
We are all like sea shells tossed about in rough waters and being re-shaped in wondrous ways. But have you ever contemplated the notion that sea shells have to complete their journey through the rough waters before they get to rest on the shore? Yeah, we are ALL like sea shells and Heaven is The Great Shore.

Friday, November 11, 2011

Quit Hoggin' the Hummus

Greetings,
Tonight I am discussing the need to reward myself.
Rewards are important motivational tools.
Most folks forget to reward themselves.

Tonight I am rewarding myself for getting through several hard weeks at school.
All I need is a simple reward tonight.

The SIMPLE REWARD Plan : Write in my Blog, Eat, Go to Bed Early

However, I MY case, this SIMPLE reward plan comes with some VERY SPECIFIC requirements!

Tonight...NOTHING but HUMMUS & CHIPS will do.
So here I sit, typing away, eating Tostitos Roasted Garlic & Black Bean chips with copious amounts of Pine Nut Hummus.

(Don't give me any grief about this lol...some folks get drunk on a Friday night. That's not my style. I DO however, enjoy the occasional dollop of Hummus on an Artisan Chip OK? lolol)

On the drive home from work tonight honestly, all I wanted was chips and hummus for supper. That is UNTIL I went to the grocery store to get said "chips and hummus". Once in the store I realized that I still wanted the chips and hummus, but that I also wanted a Red Bell Pepper to slice up and dip in Ranch dressing.
And then I decided I wanted a steak.
I was counting on the Red Bell Pepper covering the need for veggies to go with the steak.
So yeah...bit of a carnivore's supper.
Steak.
I guess you can call Red Bell Peppers and Ranch dressing a salad right?

Ok...once the food issues were all cleared up in my mind, I knew I wanted a good conversation with my hubbyman...and then a hot bath...and then my new winter jammies...and finally my wonderful bed.

...oh yeah...and I wanna watch tv in our bedroom this evening.
I mean, I plan on being in there by 6:30 pm tonight...so yeah...all of my recorded shows are ready & waiting.

And one more thing... I want to OWN the remote control tonight.
Honestly, the Remote Control is NOT his birthright. He SOOO over reacts when I reach for the remote control. He thinks it's his exclusively. Good Honkus...It's not like I am asking him to surrender his liver, I just want to use the remote control sometimes.  I just don't get it.  What is it with men and the need to dominate the remote control?

I'm getting into The Zone while dreaming up this plan of mine and am thinking to myself..."Go Gracie Go!"

Next step.
I think to top off the whole night, I'll make a cup of hot chocolate with a cinnamon stick and a splash of real vanilla and a plop little marshmallows on top. (The Gracie Special)

MMMMmmmmm...yes this whole plan sounds wonderful.
THIS is my treat to myself tonight.
All of the above.
All in the comfort of my own home.

HOME.
yeah its true..."There's No Place Like Home!"
So, Ok...maybe my Reward to myself isn't all that simple; it has multiple steps and specific wants.

But in MY world, Specific and Simple are not necessarily opposites
Specifics sometimes make Simple deeply satisfying.

Thank You GOD for HOME!

In Him,
Grace

No comments: