The Reward for Surviving Rough Seas

The Reward for Surviving Rough Seas
We are all like sea shells tossed about in rough waters and being re-shaped in wondrous ways. But have you ever contemplated the notion that sea shells have to complete their journey through the rough waters before they get to rest on the shore? Yeah, we are ALL like sea shells and Heaven is The Great Shore.

Monday, November 28, 2011

"The I'm So Sick 7 Dwarfs"

Greetings,
Today I am not at work...I am here at home...sick.
Some hostile airborne intruder has crawled up my nose, into my ears, down my throat, and into my lungs. And yes even my stomach is reacting to this assault...not violently...just causing frequent trips to the "little room".


Not very pleasant imagery to be sure.


And frankly, I don't feel very pleasant!


However, while I am sitting here with all of "The I'm So Sick 7 Dwarfs" (ahem...say hello to  Drippy, Stuffy, Sneezy, Snuffly, Hacky, Greeny & Achy, who are all present and accounted for), I am using one the perks of being in a profession with available "sick days".  


This day at home will not cause me to lose wages. 
This day at home will not cause me to be unable to buy food or pay bills.


And the reason I even HAVE the blessing of "sick days"  is that God gave my parents the ability & the will to pay for my college education...and that God gave me the ability & the will to complete that education...and that God lead me to this teaching profession, where sick days & insurance are part of the benefits package. 


There were so many factors that lead up to today...and those factors seen in hindsight are blessings.


James 1:17
"Every good thing given and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights, with whom there is no variation or shifting shadow."



So I sit here in the comfort of my own home (...and I might add that if one is really sick, there is  likely a complete and total abandonment of any polite manners due to all of the sneezing & coughing & spitting into tissues)...FEELING and LOOKING kinda gross lol.


But focusing on yourself is a great way to feel even worse...and I have learned to count my blessings when feeling icky.


Sooo....
I am thankful that I HAVE a home to sit here in...that I have the tissues to use ( for there have been plenty of times when I did NOT have them and used toilet paper instead of tissues).


I am thankful for the warm quilts and for the central heating in my home.


I am thankful that there is food here for me to eat and fresh clean water for me to drink.


I am thankful for the asthma medications that are already in the house...because as this reaction leaves my head it will inevitably go south to my lungs...and the already significant asthma symptoms that I have will be further compromised...but I have some things to help ward off trouble.  


I am thankful that I have a nebulizer and the medicine to use in it.  The plan is to preemptively use my nebulizer throughout the day.  


I am thankful that I am not sick on a holiday weekend now and that if I need to get to my doctor he will be in his office and can see me as soon as I can drive over there...if I need him.


Even though I don't feel very good body-wise...I am in great shape spirit-wise...For I have everything I need.

Philippians 4:19 "And my God will meet all your needs according to his glorious riches in Christ Jesus." 


In Him,
Grace 

No comments: