The Reward for Surviving Rough Seas

The Reward for Surviving Rough Seas
We are all like sea shells tossed about in rough waters and being re-shaped in wondrous ways. But have you ever contemplated the notion that sea shells have to complete their journey through the rough waters before they get to rest on the shore? Yeah, we are ALL like sea shells and Heaven is The Great Shore.

Wednesday, November 2, 2011

I'm A List Maker!

Greetings,
Is anybody else out there a list maker?  If you are, then clap your hands so I can hear you.
I hear alotta noise out there lol.

Ok...now that we've established that I am not the ONLY list maker in the world, lets get down to brass tacks, shall we?

Ok...what is the highest number of lists that you have had going at one time?
I probably won't win that category, lol...cause some people go off the deep end over list making.
I don't actually make lists for everything, but there ARE some essential lists that just MUST be made.
Grocery Lists
Vacation Packing Lists
To-Do Lists ( not only listed lol...but prioritized as well)

That's about it.  It's a very utilitarian thing to me.
Sometimes the lists are typed, other times they are hand written...it really doesn't matter to me.
There is a certain sense of security in list making, in the writing and reading of the LIST itself.
Don'tcha kinda dig it when you get done with a list?

I really LIKE checking things off when I have put them in the shopping cart, or packed them or done them.
Somehow it makes me feel good, helps me keep me on track, keeps me from over spending, over packing, and sometimes keeps me from over-doing.

Making a list is kind of like mental de-cluttering to me.
It supplies order and help bring clarity to erstwhile chaos.
And by chaos, I mean that horrible feeling you get when you forget something you need or should have done.

Is there anybody else out there who can't hold all the little details of  life in your head the way you used to?

Or is it just me?

Basically, if I don't write it down, whatever it IS, I probably won't remember whatever it WAS.
I have to write down appointments which most people do, but sometimes when life gets stressful I end up having to write out even the simple stuff like "Get Your Lunch".
You'd think I would remember that WITHOUT a little note... but not so much anymore.

RIGHT NOW, there is a note inside my car, placed where I can't miss it, reminding me "Get Your Lunch".
And that note is the fail-safe measure, the last, of the last, of the Last reminders to myself lol.

There is also an empty LUNCH sack hanging on the doorknob of the door that I have to go through to leave to go to work. It's placed just right, so that I can not go through that door without touching that empty lunchsack. It's just another way to tell me to "Get Your Lunch".

Oh and did I mention the little Note Card that says "Get Your Lunch" that I will put between the keys on my computer keypad, so that I will see it when I come in to do my morning prayer journal before work tomorrow?

Now before anybody asks...

:"No I do not have early onset dementia!"

and

"No I do not need a therapist!"

And (prepare yourselves to slapped by a big ole run-on sentence ...consider yourself warned!!!)

 "Yes I might be a little hormonal, but y'all just need to hush-up about that, cause yes I'm in my 50's, and yes I therefore know what it is to experience 'my own personal summer heatwaves', but that doesn't have anything to do with this, and my brain is just fine, so how dare you imply otherwise, and btw have you seen my list cause I can't remember what I was supposed to take to work with me tomorrow, but I know it's something important, and if I don't find my list I just know I'll regret it"

Oh...THERE's my list...it says "Get Your Lunch".

Man oh Man, I mighta forgotten my lunch if hadn't written that note and taped it to the toilet.

See I told you that lists were important.
Don't make fun of me and my lists.
You should probably make your OWN list .
And the first thing on your list should be "Keep Your Mouth Shut About Grace's Little List-Making Thingie".

lol

In Him,
Grace

No comments: