The Reward for Surviving Rough Seas

The Reward for Surviving Rough Seas
We are all like sea shells tossed about in rough waters and being re-shaped in wondrous ways. But have you ever contemplated the notion that sea shells have to complete their journey through the rough waters before they get to rest on the shore? Yeah, we are ALL like sea shells and Heaven is The Great Shore.

Sunday, October 30, 2011

I Will Carry The Thought-Kernal of this Weekend...

Greetings,

Let me set the scene for you:

Its 6:43 a.m. on a Sunday Morning as I type this sentence. It is the Lords' Day. And I am sitting in the dark in a hotel room, sipping freshly brewed coffee by the light of my computer screen (which has been dimmed to a meager 10% of its usual brightness). The room is equipped with blackout drapes and so no natural light will invade the velvety darkness in here. I had been working on my prayer journal for a while and but have now moved on to writing in this blog.  My husband snores quite softly in the background, creating a cozy & comforting backdrop for thoughts of safety and blessing and hope.

And I am keenly aware that God Is HERE.

He is in the room with me...with us.  He has kept us safe all weekend long. And I am overwhelmed when I consider His abundant blessings and protection.  He has provided beautiful scenery all around us and we have enjoyed looking at His handiwork this weekend.  And today, as we begin the drive homeward, we plan to stop somewhere scenic along the way and break the unleavened bread and drink the grape juice.  We Will Take Communion in the middle of HIS landscape...and HE will be there with us.


 Matthew 18:20 "For where two or three gather in my name, there am I with them.” 

God is Good!

Today, Lord Willing, we will travel back home.
And tomorrow, Lord Willing, we will return to the treadmill.
We will earn our daily bread and we will get tired doing so.

But I will carry the thought-kernal of this weekend in my memory-pocket like a little gemstone that I have secreted away.  I will retrieve it from that pocket and take it out, and watch it shine on days when I need to gain perspective on life's difficulties. 
And the memories of this weekend will be a blessing for the days ahead.

I thank God for the husband to travel with and the ability to do so.

It is an amazing thing to ride in the palm of HIS hand.
In Him,
Grace

No comments: