The Reward for Surviving Rough Seas

The Reward for Surviving Rough Seas
We are all like sea shells tossed about in rough waters and being re-shaped in wondrous ways. But have you ever contemplated the notion that sea shells have to complete their journey through the rough waters before they get to rest on the shore? Yeah, we are ALL like sea shells and Heaven is The Great Shore.

Saturday, July 14, 2012

The Hands of Love

Greetings Everybody,


The other day I posted a pic of my little grandson with oatmeal all over his face.  That post was called
Oatmeal, Autonomy and Utter Satisfaction.


I posted the pic, cause it was so cute, but had to hold on to the story behind that pic for a few days until my Grandmother's Heart could release it and share it with others.


Even now I can picture his little eyes, and how they kept looking at me.
He was so very happy and he was smiling.
And those little hands all covered with oatmeal wanted to hold MY hands.


He reached for me.


And there was NO hesitation on my part.
He WANTED to hold my hand and have me share his fun.
He WANTED ME to be a PART of HIS fun.


There was just NO room for ANY hesitation in my Heart.


I took his hands and held them in mine,  and was perfectly willing to get covered in oatmeal myself, and we laughed.
And we sang songs while doing all the gestures with our hands still holding on to each other.


We both got covered in the oatmeal.
And my heart swelled up like that scene in The Grinch Who Stole Christmas...where the Grinch's heart "grew 3 sizes that day".


This Grandmothers Heart of mine LOVES that little boy.
And truth being told, if he had been SWIMMING in a baby pool filled with oatmeal... and if he looked at me with those eyes... and if he reached out for me like that....I would have dived head-long into the mix with him.


This awareness of my willingness to put myself out of my own comfort zone for that baby causes me to ponder God's Love too.


It causes me to think that If I, just another grandmother in the world, love this one little baby boy so much...
How much MORE must GOD, the FATHER of us ALL, love each of US?


But I already KNOW the answer to that Question.
He loved us THIS MUCH:

"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only 


Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but 


have eternal life." John 3:16


You see, because of love, Jesus got covered in stuff too...only HE got covered in our sins.
And He died as the perfect sacrifice in order to clean us and take away those sins. 


"You see, at just the right time, when we were still   


powerless, Christ died for the ungodly. Very rarely will 


anyone die for a righteous man, though for a good man 


someone might possibly dare to die. But God 


demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were 


still sinners, Christ died for us" Romans 5:6-8


But He did EVEN MORE...Jesus established The Church.


"Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than 
all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at 
work within us,to him be glory in the church and in Christ 
Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! 
Amen" Ephesians 3:20-21


When my grandson was holding my hands the other day he was experiencing Hands of Love.
He has no idea how much I love him.
But I DO.
I would willingly lay down my life to save that baby boy.


And it simply takes my breath away to think that my Jesus did that same thing for every single one of us.


He allowed those Roman Soldiers to punctured His hands and feet when they nailed Him to a wooden cross.


He willingly forfeited His life as an atonement for my sins to save me.
...and to save you.


It is mind-boggling to contemplate what He did for us all.
Such Sacrifice.
Willingly.
And because I know He loves me this way, and because I am a Believer, I understand that I am called to love others too.
“A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have 
loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.”  John 13:34-35


I want to cling to Jesus' Hands like Micah wanted to cling to my hands the other day.
I want to reach out and touch His Hands.

Those nail pierced hands that testify of His love for me.

For HIS hands are the Real HANDS OF LOVE.
My Hands can only hope to imitate His.


Oh to Trust Jesus as Micah trusts Me.

Thank you for the insight Lord.
Thank you for the words you gave me to type today. 

Jesus, please lead these words to those who need them.

Thank you for This life and the Eternal one, yet to come.


Blessings to each and every one of you who reads this.

In Him,
Grace

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

beautiful!

Rebecca Nelson said...

I love the way you write and draw us all in. It's a God-given talent that reaches into each of our hearts.

Thank you for sharing with us...your words and encouragement are heaven-sent.

Love, Rebecca