The Reward for Surviving Rough Seas

The Reward for Surviving Rough Seas
We are all like sea shells tossed about in rough waters and being re-shaped in wondrous ways. But have you ever contemplated the notion that sea shells have to complete their journey through the rough waters before they get to rest on the shore? Yeah, we are ALL like sea shells and Heaven is The Great Shore.

Saturday, March 17, 2012

We Rest In His Hands

Greetings Everybody,


Got a photo I want to share with you tonight.
Take a look...and then let's visit about it.

Taken after Crossing The Golden Gate Bridge Leaving San Francisco: Pacific Ocean just outside the San Francisco Bay 
It was a Dark, Cloudy, Foggy day.  
A Dreary Day.
And A Perfect Day for Seeing This Scenery and Contemplating Life.


We had taken a good number of photographs in and around San Francisco. 
We had been under the Golden Gate Bride at Fort Point.
And then we went back up the hillside and crossed over the bridge, stopped, got out and stood there.


Almost everyone else was contemplating the Bay and the Bridge and I did my share of that too.


But what caught my eye was NOT man made.
It was not of metal.
It was not symmetrical.


It was undulating and it was windblown and it was mist covered and it was more than a little bit breath-taking.


I was the Sea.
And it was The Cliffs.
And it was the Rock Island in the Distance.


And it caused me to think...this is earthquake country.
Just two weeks ago San Francisco had two earthquakes...not big ones...but enough to make the news...and here I was standing on land that would surely be considered a dangerous place to be in an earthquake.


But I had no desire to leave.


All I wanted to do was contemplate what was going on in the Sea and the Sky above it and in the Earth below it.


Basically we live in a big ole metaphorical "SANDWICH" don't we...Sky Above Us...Earth Below Us
We are between two things that are so large that we can never fully comprehend them.


I stood there thinking of God.
And I stood there knowing I was in The Sandwich.
And I stood there knowing the name of the one who HOLDS it all together.


NOW don't take this analogy too far...I do not think God is going to take a bit out of that sandwich. lol 


But I do want you to know that it is comforting to me to know that we rest in His Hands.
And it is comforting to me to know that I don't have to fully comprehend the Earth and the Sky and the Sea and the Wind or the rest of the wondrous things that fascinate me.


All I have to do is remember that God is GOD and that HE knows the number of hairs on my head.

"Indeed, the very hairs of your head are all numbered. Don't be afraid; you are worth more than many sparrows." Luke 12:7


That must mean that I am important to HIM.


So I stood there thinking about how Big God is and how Small I am ...and really diggin' the thought that the World and Everything in it will fit in His Hands.


In Him
Grace



No comments: