The Reward for Surviving Rough Seas

The Reward for Surviving Rough Seas
We are all like sea shells tossed about in rough waters and being re-shaped in wondrous ways. But have you ever contemplated the notion that sea shells have to complete their journey through the rough waters before they get to rest on the shore? Yeah, we are ALL like sea shells and Heaven is The Great Shore.

Sunday, March 25, 2012

This is a kid you wanna play blocks with!

Greetings Everybody,
It is Sunday Morning, and we have family coming over after Church today.  The Kids (our  very pregnant daughter, her incredible husband, and my extremely spiffy grandson) will be eating lunch with us here at the house. And then later in the afternoon, my parents are coming over.


The baby can now sit up on his own, has a big boy "BURR" haircut, and is not looking like an infant anymore. My daughter called me right after he got that haircut to tell me that he didn't look like a baby any more. She said, "This is a kid you wanna play blocks with!"  


And she was right.


He now LOVES to play with blocks (the soft kind).  

Photo courtesy of Amazon.com webpage
He delights in knocking down a stack of blocks, picking one out of the rubble, holding it up as his captive and waving it all around like a Viking.  SUCH a little boy lolol.


When my daughter ( his mother) was a baby, she was a block STACKER, and would have been devastated if someone had DARED to knock down her beautiful stack of blocks.  


I believe that there is "MORE THAN A PLUMBING DIFFERENCE" between how little boys and little girls are made. 


And often one of the big differences is Play Styles.


This one is ALL BOY lolol.


Today am grateful for Family and we are going to have a grand old time eating and visiting and playing blocks.


I am grateful that we all live close to each other and that my grandson and his yet unborn sister, will grow up with a multi-level support system of people who love them.


We are blessed.


Happy Sunday Everybody.


In Him,
Grace



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think you right about the not just the plumbing dif, that sounds like a real boy boy, you're so lucky to be so close, for you and him, have a wonderful Sunday!

Grace said...

Hey Laurie,
The kids just left and the Block Playing Party is now concluded.

We had a wonderful time.
And one of the more touching things was watching my mom (stroke survivor) play blocks with him.

We had mom sit in a comfortable chair...and then we put the baby in his high chair, lowered the height, and rolled him right to her.

She could stack the foam blocks better than he could, but she struggled with sorting shapes and sizes. Often the one she was looking for was already in her other hand.

We used the tray on the high chair as their "blocks" area. Mom couldn't get down on the ground to play with him, but since he could still play blocks while sitting in his chair it was a really good solution.

it took care of his safety needs and her comfort needs.

It was also very touching.

As is often typical of stroke survivors, when Mom gets excited her language gets slurred...and it did today when she was playing and talking with him.

She was laughing and having fun and didn't even seem to notice that her words were all goobered up. We didn't care either to tell the truth. NOBODY was going to interrupt that sweet scene.

It was very very special to watch.

Not so many kids these days get to spend time with their great grandparents. And I know that if my mom died TODAY he would have no memory of ever playing with her.

But I would.

And I'm glad that I do.

(btw...I suspect that I will end up posting most of what I just told you in my blog soon. Didn't realize when I sat down to write to you, exactly how much was going to come out. But thats the way it is. I told before, YOU paint with PAINT...I paint with WORDS:) I just had no idea I was going to be "Painting" when i sat down to write to you a few minutes ago.

Anyway, it was indeed a wonderful Sunday. Hope you had one too.

Thanks for reading my blog Laurie. It means alot to me.

In Him,
Grace