The Reward for Surviving Rough Seas

The Reward for Surviving Rough Seas
We are all like sea shells tossed about in rough waters and being re-shaped in wondrous ways. But have you ever contemplated the notion that sea shells have to complete their journey through the rough waters before they get to rest on the shore? Yeah, we are ALL like sea shells and Heaven is The Great Shore.

Thursday, March 29, 2012

I Stand Amazed in HIS Presence.

Greetings Everybody,
Wow...yesterday turned out to be an amazing day.  
All through the day there were positive things going on.
I was sailing along on a really good crest of "It's a Good Day" thinking.

When the school day was over I left and drove home.
And a few minutes after I walked through the door the phone rang.
It was my mom.

She told me that my dad had fallen.
She also said "He thinks he broke his ankle.".
(I was busily absorbing this news and was about to ask if I needed to come over and help them...but NOOOO...the next sentence out of my mothers mouth changed my whole stream of thinking on the matter...)

She said, "He is trying to drive himself to the hospital right now."

This is when my mind went into HYPERSPACE....

...I got this image of a nearly 76 year old man with a broken ankle driving their TANK of a car .
...and I got this image of him having a wreck on the way.
...and THEN I had an image him trying to drag his body out of the car after parking it...and then of him having to hobble toward the Emergency Room door...only to fall and lie writhing in pain on the parking lot....

I told my mom that I was on my way and would go directly to the hospital.
I said that I would call her when I got there.

OK, for the record here's what really happened.

My 6 foot 2 inch tall daddy did in fact drive to the hospital with a BROKEN left Fibula.  He was in pain, but he made it.  And I have to give the "old man" credit for having his wits about him. Instead of driving his car to the Emergency Entrance, he drove to the OTHER side of the hospital. He went to the VALET PARKING guy.


He had the Valet go get a wheel chair and help him get in it.
Next he took his car key OFF of his key chain and handed to the Valet.
The Valet then parked his car.
Dad asked the man what time the Valet service stopped for the evening. 

The man said 8 pm.

Daddy asked for his key back.

And after THAT...he asked one of the young valet's to wheel him to the emergency room.

HOW SMART WAS THAT!!!  And how completely thorough!
There he was with a broken leg and he was cogent, cool, and in control.

I was totally impressed! 

Anyway, I arrived before he was triaged, and stayed with him through the whole hospital ordeal.
My husband also came and between us we got him back home, got his prescriptions, went to the grocery store and got some things for them to eat for a couple of days, and then we came home.

Now on the surface this sounds like a fairly cool little story right.

But I gotta tell ya, it's WAY COOLER than that.

Here's why.

There is a list of things longer than my leg that happened "JUST RIGHT" in the middle of all this trouble.
And every single thing that NEEDED to Happen DID HAPPEN.

-The accident happened in the afternoon, which meant that school was over and I was available to help.

-The break was a clean break, did not need to be re-set, and daddy was able to come home last night
-If he had NOT been able to, I would have had to put my mom in an emergency assisted living facility because my dad is her caretaker.  She has a host of medical needs and can not remain unattended for more than 4-5 hours.

-The whole process at the hospital took less than 5 hours.(God's Timing Is Perfect!)

-There was gas in my car and money in my pocket when I needed to respond and GO to my parents at a moments notice. Didn't have to stop at an ATM or a gas station.
-My cell phone was fully charged and I could make all the necessary calls to family.
-Daddy had enough money in his wallet to pay for the prescriptions and groceries. We didn't have to go by My Dad's ATM either.

-My beloved husband was there to help as we orchestrated how to get everything done that needed to be done.I wasn't alone and stressing on how to get it all done.

-Mom and Dad already have some of the special equipment that they will have need of during his healing time.  He has a motorized cart he can use in the house.

-I am able to work half a day today and then go check on them.

In the midst of pain and suffering...GOD was in control.

HE took care of every detail.

In spite of the fact that my amazing day took a really serious was STILL an incredibly positive day.  

God's Hand was just ALL OVER this situation and every time I turned around I could see it very clearly.

I stand amazed in HIS PRESENCE and am reminded of these words:

"I will lift up mine eyes unto the hills, from whence cometh my help.
My help cometh from the LORD, which made heaven and earth.
He will not suffer thy foot to be moved: he that keepeth thee will not slumber.
Behold, he that keepeth Israel shall neither slumber nor sleep.
The LORD is thy keeper: the LORD is thy shade upon thy right hand.
The sun shall not smite thee by day, nor the moon by night.
The LORD shall preserve thee from all evil: he shall preserve thy soul.
The LORD shall preserve thy going out and thy coming in from this time forth, and even for evermore." Psalms 121:1-8

In Him, 

No comments: