The Reward for Surviving Rough Seas

The Reward for Surviving Rough Seas
We are all like sea shells tossed about in rough waters and being re-shaped in wondrous ways. But have you ever contemplated the notion that sea shells have to complete their journey through the rough waters before they get to rest on the shore? Yeah, we are ALL like sea shells and Heaven is The Great Shore.

Sunday, October 16, 2011

Sunday Morning

It's Sunday...
"Today is the day which The Lord hath made, let us rejoice and be glad in it."
                                                                               Psalms 118:24

Father, I know you make Every day, and that every day we should rejoice in you.
But God, thank you for Sundays.

Thank you for the Assembling of the Saints.
Thank you for the sound of voices raised in praise to you.

God, sometimes I close my eyes and listen to the song service, and then I try to imagine what it would be like to hear ALL the saints singing, ALL of us...and then I try to imagine adding ALL the angels voices.
Even though I really can't grasp what this heavenly soundtrack will be like, the idea of it thrills me.

God, please let me be one of your singers in heaven, if that's even one of the jobs there.
I want to sing to you God, forever.
I can not imagine anything better than singing to you eternally.
Singing with no air restrictions, no more asthma, no vocal damage, singing with my whole soul in praise to you.
God, please let me be one of your singers in heaven.

God, help my voice to be strong today.
Help my lungs to breathe freely today.
Please let my voice edify and encourage someone today.

God, Thank You for Sundays.

Grace

No comments: