The Reward for Surviving Rough Seas

The Reward for Surviving Rough Seas
We are all like sea shells tossed about in rough waters and being re-shaped in wondrous ways. But have you ever contemplated the notion that sea shells have to complete their journey through the rough waters before they get to rest on the shore? Yeah, we are ALL like sea shells and Heaven is The Great Shore.

Friday, June 20, 2014

X Marks The Spot

Greetings Everybody,
Let's talk about Treasure!

As a little girl, I used to play dress-up with old clothes and faux jewelry.
It was relatively worthless stuff, but I spent countless hours playing with it all.
To me, the plastic beads, bracelets, and earrings were things of great beauty.
I used to run my hands through the stuff and pretend it was a Pirate's Treasure.



Then I grew up, and one day realized that my definition of Treasure had changed.

There are different things in my Treasure Box now.


I Treasure my Family.
I Treasure a Good Job.
I Treasure my Mind.

I Treasure Free Time.
I Treasure a good cup of Tea.
I Treasure Vacations.

I Treasure Peace.

Sometimes I mentally run my mind through all of the people and things and experiences that I have been blessed with; and it's sort of like those childhood days of running my fingers through all of the beads in my toy treasure box of jewelry.  

It makes me feel rich.
These are my earthly Treasures and they comfort me and make me feel rich.

Here's a thought for you guys:
Have you ever seen Treasure Maps on TV before?
X marks the spot where the treasure is, right?

Now let me mess with your minds for minute with 2 Considerations and a Conclusion:

1.  Consider the shape of The Cross?   

2.  Consider that sometimes 
       instead of writing Merry Christmas, 

       some people write Merry Xmas?

The practice was apparently started because in the Greek alphabet, 
the first two letters of Christ's name Cho and Rho
appeared to be entwined to the Christian convert Emperor Constantine;
he thought it looked like an X (http://ancienthistory.about.com/od/christianholidays/f/Xmas.htm) 

Even today we see some people who write Merry Xmas instead of Merry Christmas.

So, let's bring this lesson to a close now.

Do you get where I am headed with this?

Conclusion:

If X stands for Christ, 

then X really does mark the spot 

where the Treasure Is!

Scripture says:
"Do not lay up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust consume and where thieves break in and steal, 20 but lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust consumes and where thieves do not break in and steal. 21 For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also. 
Matthew 6:19-21


And for the record: 
The biggest Treasure in my life 
is my Faith In God Almighty 
and His Son Jesus Christ.

In Him,
Grace



No comments: