The Reward for Surviving Rough Seas

The Reward for Surviving Rough Seas
We are all like sea shells tossed about in rough waters and being re-shaped in wondrous ways. But have you ever contemplated the notion that sea shells have to complete their journey through the rough waters before they get to rest on the shore? Yeah, we are ALL like sea shells and Heaven is The Great Shore.

Sunday, June 3, 2012

The Broken Things


Greetings Everybody,
Summer has officially started for us now. 
School is out. 

And we are at the lake house.

My In-laws own a place that overlooks a really beautiful lake and they are very gracious and let people use it. 

We are planning to be here for about 10 days.

I am sitting at the dining room table, looking out at the water and the mountain on the other side of the lake. 

Sipping coffee

Thinking deep thoughts

Been in prayer this morning.

Looking at the beauty that God created.

The skies are grey this morning and there are lots of ripples on the lake. 
Wouldn’t  be at all surprised if we don’t get a nice rainstorm sometime this morning.

From where I am sitting, I can see fish jumping and feeding in the shallows, and the occasional, gangly yet somehow still elegant, long legged water bird.  They like to “fish” off of our pier.

I hear songbirds waking up and chirping.

I will probably see deer at some point today.

And I am content.

This is what I have been waiting for.

This time of stillness.
This time set aside for reflection.
This time of healing.

There is a velvety smooth richness in seeing what God has made.
There is a beauty in nature that just brings me to tears.

My “Tempest in a Teacup” life is so small compared to this.
My life stresses are so very small in the grand scheme of things.

I suspect that when I take my troubles to God, and ask Him to help me, it must be a lot like when my daughter used to come to me in mourning over a toy that was somehow broken. 

So many times, her childhood world was just devastated by the tragedy of some broken toy. 

And at such times, she would bring the broken thing to me and then just fall into my arms seeking comfort.

And I would dry her tears
And diminish her troubles
And restore her peace
And bring her great joy.

God must deal with similar situations 24 hours a day.

All over the world, there are people presenting their broken things to him:
-broken bodies
-broken minds
-broken souls

And HE is able to show us how he works in our lives.

And HE is able to dry our tears
And diminish our troubles
And restore our peace
And bring us great joy

And HE does this constantly, effortlessly, and perfectly.

He makes every blade of grass grow.
He puts feathers on every bird.
He causes the fish to swim and the bugs to crawl and the deer to walk in beauty & grace.

My GOD IS SO BIG!

And I am grateful for the knowledge that I am small and can bring my broken things to Him …and that HE loves me and will dry my tears and restore my peace and my joy.

Being a Christian does NOT mean that God will keep us from experiencing hardships. 

Some of the best life lessons come from enduring hard times. 
They equip us to help other people in who will need us to help guide them.

Sometimes the broken things in life end up being huge blessings to us late on.

Just thought I’d Share.

In Him,
Grace

No comments: