The Reward for Surviving Rough Seas

The Reward for Surviving Rough Seas
We are all like sea shells tossed about in rough waters and being re-shaped in wondrous ways. But have you ever contemplated the notion that sea shells have to complete their journey through the rough waters before they get to rest on the shore? Yeah, we are ALL like sea shells and Heaven is The Great Shore.

Saturday, June 9, 2012

Are YOU in Gods Hands?

Greetings Everybody,
This morning I would like to focus on a particular passage from the Old Testament.
Many of you will know this one by heart.


"I lift up my eyes to the hills--where does my help come from? My help comes from the LORD, the Maker of heaven and earth. He will not let your foot slip--he who watches over you will not slumber; indeed, he who watches over Israel will neither slumber nor sleep. The LORD watches over you--the LORD is your shade at your right hand;the sun will not harm you by day, nor the moon by night.The LORD will keep you from all harm--he will watch over your life;the LORD will watch over your coming and going both now and forevermore." Psalms 121:1-8


One of the things that really struck me as significant in this passage is the tense of the verbs.


...My help COMES from the Lord...
...He who WATCHES over you...
...The Lord IS your shade...


Folks  look at the words, COMES, WATCHES, and IS.
These are present tense verbs.


My God is a God of ACTION, and he is IN ACTION right now!
And this passage is talking about help that was currently happening.


But thats not all.


If you continue to look at this passage you will see that HE is also the God of Tomorrow.

He is the God of the FUTURE.


...The Lord WILL KEEP you...
...He WILL WATCH over your life...


And I LOVE the last part.... 
..."The LORD WILL WATCH over your coming and going both NOW and FOREVERMORE."


Like many of you, I grew up in the Household of Faith.


From the early days of my childhood I was learning about God, and I was memorizing Bible verses.
And because of that, I have known this passage pretty much my whole life.


And yes,  I am very aware that this passage has a specific historical context and that it was speaking about events in ancient history.


But what if those words are still true today?


What if THAT KIND OF FAITH in GOD is what is needed today.


God does not change.
And because he does not change, the God of David is the same God that I worship today.
And the God that David worshipped was THAT BIG!


He is the Great ""I AM"


In fact, thats how God refers to himself in Exodus 3:13
"Moses said to God, "Suppose I go to the Israelites and say to them, 'The God of your fathers has sent me to you,' and they ask me, 'What is his name?' Then what shall I tell them?God said to Moses, "I AM WHO I AM. This is what you are to say to the Israelites: 'I AM has sent me to you." "


So as you can see, If God is "I AM", meaning that He was, is, and always will BE...then this passage in Psalms 121 is still very much relevant today.


It really speaks to me today.


It reminds me that even though I do not SEE God, HE is there. 
-And HE is guiding me.
-And HE is protecting me.
-AND HE has always BEEN there and will always BE there.


DUDE I don't care HOW MUCH money you have...you can't BUY Insurance like this.


Lots of you will be familiar with the the All State Insurance folks who refer to themselves as "The Good Hands People".
And you know that really cool slogan that they have?
The one that asks the question: "Are YOU in Good Hands?" 


But what if there is a bigger meaning that could be applied to that question!


A Spiritual Meaning.


And what if that meaning is pointed to each and every one of us, and asks "Are YOU in GOOD Hands?"


Are you in The Hands that have always BEEN there and will always BE there?


Like I said, I don't care HOW much money you have, you can't buy the kind of insurance that comes from being in GOD'S HANDS.


Blessings to YOU and YOURS!


In Him,
Grace









2 comments:

Christine said...

Yes, I know I'm in good hands, God's hands!

Good post.

Grace said...

:) Its a good place to be isn't it!
Have a wonderful Sunday.
lol...
AND a most AMAZING MONDAY when you remember upon waking that you are now....RETIRED :):):):):):)

Woohooooooooo

In Him,
Grace