The Reward for Surviving Rough Seas

The Reward for Surviving Rough Seas
We are all like sea shells tossed about in rough waters and being re-shaped in wondrous ways. But have you ever contemplated the notion that sea shells have to complete their journey through the rough waters before they get to rest on the shore? Yeah, we are ALL like sea shells and Heaven is The Great Shore.

Wednesday, February 29, 2012

"To Live Is Christ..."

Greetings Everybody,
Yeah I know...I've been kinda quiet for a few weeks :)
But there was a reason for that.
Perhaps you are familiar with the scripture that says 
"Be Still And Know That I Am God..." Psalms 46:10


I was quiet & not writing in this blog because I was being STILL.


There has just been alot of drama going on lately, and I needed to just be still.
Don't get me wrong, there have also been a ton of blessings.
Not the least of which is this:  I do NOT have cancer.


There was some concern due to some changes occurring in my body.  
But yesterday, after a diagnostic mammogram, the radiologist told me that everything looks healthy and exactly as it should.


I have been through this scare before...and I would venture to say that at some point in their lives, MOST women go through a breast cancer scare.


But praise God, I am OK.


This doesn't mean that I didn't consider what my response would have been if I had been told otherwise.


I spent some time pondering this.


If the goal of every Christian is to get to heaven, and such a Christian develops a life threatening disease...it seems that on a very spiritual level, it might just be cause for joy...because heaven would be that much closer.


Now before anybody accuses me of martyrdom...that's NOT how I mean this.


I am just remembering the Apostle Paul who said, 
"For to me, to live is Christ and to die is gain." Philippians 1:21


And isn't that how we should ALL be living EVERY DAY?


In Him,
Grace

No comments: